Lead Distribution is automating the delivery of leads to BD, call center, sales, lead buyers, or third-party software solutions. Lead Distribution allows the marketing team or companies to quickly capture leads and then intelligently route them based on a variety of factors.
I manage the paid media campaigns capturing leads from a variety of traffic sources (Facebook, Instagram, Google Adwords, Taboola, Outbrain, etc.) and then sort it, measure it, and then post it to our clients' sales funnel as fast as possible. We utilize this solution with our own twist to maximize the profitability and campaign optimization process.
When I started to take over the responsibility of the entire campaign operations a few years ago, we had a designated advertising team and campaign for each individual client. We send leads directly to them.
It is a working business model, but we had several challenges held the company back.
1. Not able to scale the campaign effectively. We target to home improvement companies. Their company size varies and demand often shifts overtimes. The seasonality of the home improvement industry requires us to modify campaign elements in short notice. Every time I make a change in the campaign, our profitability will take a hit.
2. Inefficient spending of the campaign budget. Our clients only pay us on qualified leads we deliver. For example, leads can be disqualified if the customer's home address doesn't fall in the client's service area. The unqualified lead will simply go to the trash bin.
3. Not able to grow the campaign operations effectively. The company performance-based business model allows us quickly onboard new clients (Clients only paid on qualified results) but the issue is we need to constantly enlarge our media buying team to serve the increasing number of clients.
4. Campaign ROI delay. A few clients update purchase price after their call center processes our leads. A few hours delays don't have a major impact on how we optimize the campaign, but it will definitely better if we can calculate campaign ROI sooner.
NEW BUSINES MODEL
I first came across lead distribution solution when the CEO and I were attending LeadsCon in Las Vegas 4 years ago. After careful study and consideration, we decide to implement the service.
Adapting the ping post solution almost changes the way how we advertise and monetize the campaign funnel entirely. Rather than having the designate team serve one client, now, we put all clients in the same vertical (industry) in the same lead buying platform. Clients can modify all kinds of lead filter and purchase price based on their strategy. As soon as a new potential customer submits the form, the system will compare prices and filter across all clients and deliver it to the best match buyer.
In my Campaign Tracking post, I talked about I paticipated in developing new tracking software that can track at click level which will track it down to the bottom of the funnel. With integrating lead distribution, I can get the revenue for each conversion almost spontaneously and get real ROI at Ad level.
Merge paid media campaigns from a different platform. Each vertical on each traffic source have one major campaign that is able to deliver leads to a cluster of clients.
Finding and onboarding new business partners that have the technical capability or already have a ping post system through new B2B campaigns
1. The risk of demand shift is reduced. A decrease in demand from a few clients can be filled by other clients from the same vertical.
2. Efficient usage of the campaign budget. With the ability to track performance at Ad level and get instant ROI report. I can easily identify and turn off under-performing campaign
3. The small team handles the large campaign. The media buying team now shifts to manage the ABM campaign handling over 1MM monthly budget.